Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

Hi i have just joined this forum.
I would like to share with you how I solved the problem with the engine management light coming on my daughters Clio 2002.
Symptoms: Oil in air box, management light coming on after de-acceleration and small amount of white emulsified oil inside oil filler cap.
I took the car to an auto electrician and the fault code pointed to the map sensor. This was replaced free of charge as they broke it taking the old one off! This did not cure the problem.
I decided to strip the top half of engine to inspect.
I took the air box/inlet manifold off, and also the rocker cover.
Inside there are 2 adjoined breather tubes from the crankcase these were both blocked. The smaller outlet runs directly to the inlet manifold chamber where the map sensor is located.
So the map sensor was working fine; it was the increased pressure in the inlet manifold triggering the sensor due to the blocked crankcase breather.
I cleaned all components, and used a small drill bit to remove small carbon deposits inside the smaller breather tube.
Also discovered where the oil was coming from. There are 4 or five rocker cover bolts that are inside the main rocker seal or wet joints. These needed to be resealed with silicon joint sealer.
Everything was put back together using new gaskets and seals. Added product called Kalimex K-Seal to the water, which is an engine block and gasket sealer. Flushed the engine using an oil flush product, then replaced oil and filter.
The car is now cured and my daughter is happy.
Having read all previous posts I have found this very useful. The engine wiring loom seems to be the 1st culprit for diagnoses when the engine management light comes on, but this is not always the case.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome