Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2010 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Exclamation Re: Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

just an update:

the LAGGY2 is currently in the garage for repairs to fix various bits the insurers failed/refused to do:

Master Cylinder and Servo have failed, not completly, but keep getting intermittant total failure, pedal goes to floor with no almost no resistance, been getting worse since car handed back after repairs, brakes not been firm at all, no solid resistance when braking, lots of hissing from servo when brake pressed.
before the accident the brakes were 100% rock solid, ok, no issues.

[This failure was caused by the buckled hub/flange which put excessive load on the caliper pads/piston as the disc was not straight to it, so the calipers internal seals are probably damaged as well, and rapid repeated high backpressure whilst braking during the accident has blown the seals on the master cylinder and servo, god knows what it did to the ABS unit]

PAS Pump bearings getting noisier and noisier, expecting failure to occur soon.

Steering Column failure, electronic lock failed, will not engage to lock column, when key removed the lock attempts to lock, but wont engage into the slots in the lower section of the column to lock it, just goes click-click-click if wheel turned, which it does freely.(this fault occured after the car was returned to me, but before the subframe was sorted out correctly.)

At the time the car was in the accident repair garage i had raised questions about the PAS pump and after i did report issues with the subframe/wheel alignment, brakes and steering column.

The car is drivable, but i'm expecting brake and steering failure at any time, heavy steering is no big issue (i've had a PAS pump die on me before), but slamming into the back of the car in front cos my brakes completely failed IS!

Once that lot is done i then have to sort out the paintwork in the boot area thats flaked off in sheets and the corrosion thats set-in (yet more accident damage), involving boot removal, taking it down to the metal on a seam & paintwork repair/blowover and correct refitting of the boot needed(that the insurer refused to do). this ones for a body shop to do

oh well. bits next to be replaced:
NSF Caliper
PAS Pump
Master Cylinder
Steering Column (already got this bit/2nd hand one just in case it can be done on the cheap)

Spare parts available for 2001 Scenic 1.9Dci, 97 Lag1, 02 Lag2.
everythings gotta go....
cheap prices...
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome