Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Renault Laguna II overly problematic?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
[quote=SportTourer]That is a very good price- a lot of car for not a great deal of money. That's what I thought too, especially given the low mileage.
Have you tried advertising in the local newspapers? Not yet because, more often than not, ours doesn't get delivered and kids have been known to dump them rather than go round the houses to deliver them.
Noticeboard at work? Retired
Parking the car in a safe prominant position with a For Sale sign in the window can work a treat. That way the prospective buyers can actually see the car before the y enquire. I have put signs in the rear doors just saying, "low mileage, all bells and whistles" and the price.

Are you getting another car in place of the Laguna. You may still be able to get a good deal by part exing the Lag - whilst dealer may not offer as much as you could get privately, you could negotiate on the purchase price - the overall cost to change is the figure you need to look at. I need a large van for a few months and the van places I've been to seem to think I'm a hillbilly. They phone each other up then say nobody is interested in my car so they can offer to steal it from me!!! As if I'm that dumb or desparate. In any case, if two lots of dealers want to make a profit out of it no wonder they are bashful.

Possibly even an auction? You can always put a reserve price on it so you wouldn't "give it away". Obviously you would have to take into consideration the "entry" fee and commission costs as well to see if it was worth doing. I was considering taking it to Blackbushe but thought I'd wait for the autotrader ad to run out first (on Sunday). I suppose someone would get a pretty good car if I accept 5995 for it. It's even taxed until April '07.[/quote]

We'll see anyway. Maniana never arrives as they say, so there is time.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome