Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Renault Laguna II overly problematic?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by wailim_2002
Hi Vas,

I think your ad speaks to my point quite clearly.

We all expect depreciation on our motors but I honestly feel there is something more going on with the Laguna II. Some of the engines may be more reliable but when you have that 2.0 IDE engine doing all the damage, prospective buyers unfamiliar with the exact details think all lagunas are unreliable and hence no one wants them second hand!

I hope I am wrong but I don't think so given my recent experience.

When all the Renault dealers are bursting at the seams with 2002 / 2003 2nd hand lagunas and the auction house too the cars go into storage. This rarely happens but it seems to have happened with the Laguna II.

Don't get me worng... it is a beautiful car. But I thought most manufacturers had put reliability concerns to bed 5 years ago. So disappointed.
I quite agree; that's why I mentioned it in this thread by way of illustration. I have heard much about the IDE engine and I don't blame people who don't know the difference between engines for getting cold feet. Personally, I find myself finding excuses to take it on long rides, that's how much I like it; the worry about MPG has gone since it is giving good returns on Mways and if I include town driving, it still returns around the 30 mark. Like I said elsewhere though, it depends on how you drive it because using kick-down is not going to help your wallet, is it?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome