Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

Originally Posted by beddin90 View Post
hi there,
cant believe how common this problem is!
Ive just had the same issue with the wires being slightly cut.
Got that tested and sorted out (100) and the car still plays up.
The light comes on (as shown in the pic) and it wont idle properly eventually cutting out. This happens mostly when the engine is warm, eg when sitting at junctions/in traffic/or when stopping for petrol etc.

Took it back to the garage who then told me it was the mapping sensor which is currently on order. They fitted a sensor from their megane courtesy car, however the same is still happening!!!!

Any ideas on what this could be? Its driving me crazy, and i dont want too keep spending money trying to fix it!
Ref 23rd Feb 2010

Hi Beddin90
If your map sensor is showing a fault and the wiring looks OK its best strip down inlet manifold and check breather pipes for blockages. (See my previous post)
If these breathers are blocked this will increase the vacuum within the inlet manifold especially so on de-acceleration, this in turn will trigger the sensor causing the management light to come on. You may find as you accelerate the light will go off. This is because more air is drawn through the throttle body and allowing the sensor to come back into range.

Possible causes of blocked pipes as follows;
Emulsified oil- water in oil usually head gasket
Carbon build up or lack of oil/filter maintenance.
Hope this helps
Kevin (LIRK)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome