Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - dTi Non-Start*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: laguna 1.9 dti no start!!!! help

Hi Sobed
I'm intrigued as this sounds exactly like mine - all the symptoms you describe happened to mine around the time of the very cold weather at the start of Jan. I'm still trying to find a fix!

When you turn on the ignition can you hear the stop solenoid activating?
If it's not the car will not start - end of.

Before mine packed in fully it began to intermittently cutout while driving - Injection/ ECU light (yellow box with squiggly line) would flash on along with the SERV light.
Then over next few days on startup I noticed the glowplug light would become intermittent as you describe.
Then one morning came to start and neither the Injection/ ECU light or the glowplug light came up on pre-start check - all pointing toward an electrical issue. No power appeared to be getting through to any of the injection or glowplug circuits.

To get mine going I have had to run a fused & switched direct feed from the battery + terminal to the stop solenoid - if I turn on the switch then the ignition I get all lights as usual and it starts up as normal - however the ecu is registering a fault as light is staying on along with the SERV light and it appears to be in limp home mode but will drive.

One strange thing - it looked like my glowplug circuit was blowing the after ignition + fuse in the drivers side fusebox under the dash. I have now left all the glowplugs disconnected and with my wiring setup as above the car starts first time - better than with the glowplugs!!
Hope the above is of use.
Currently in BigRich's garage:
1999 Laguna 1.9dTi Sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome