Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mk1. Megane 1.6RT sport blocked sunroof drains

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Mk1. Megane 1.6RT sport blocked sunroof drains

Please help if you can.
Our megane has had awful leakage problems. The footwells have filled and I believe, seeped through to the rear ones too. After peeling back the carpets and headlining, I have discovered that the leak has been caused by blocked sunroof drain holes. The amount of tolerance between the drain hole and it overflowing the channel and into the lining is very small therefore causing the seepage as it is backing up.
I have pushed about three feet of wire through the ducts until it would take no more and tried to clear them, but when tested, the water will not drain away. I am presuming that they are blocked further down and would like to know where the drain tubing finishes. I have also considered the fact that perhaps the drains are only supposed to take away any tiny amount of water that the sunroof seal lets through and that perhaps the seal is failing and letting through too much for the drain to handle, although I suspect that it is the drain blockage that is the real problem.
Does anyone know how I can clear them PLEASE!
  5 Lastest Threads by ADP
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mk1. Megane 1.6RT sport blocked sunroof drains Bodywork mord 4 5515 26th February 2010 09:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome