Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 270 for 4 spark plugs

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Tranzic
Well had the car in the dealers again yesterday.

For those that don't remember, electronic fault light, was told Cat and Throttle Body , did the Cat no change, replaced the Throttle Body , no change...............

Well yesterday they traced all the injection system wiring and equipment and just as they thought nothing was untoward the guy noticed the resistance readings from the spark plugs.

Turns out, as discussed on the forum elsewhere, that the plugs used by the garage I bought it from in the service were not Renault plugs. Basically it appears the resistance was building up so high it would "crash" the electronic system causing the problem. Although the computer showed throttle body it did actually pinpoint it as "unidentified".

Well they want me to try it for a couple of weeks and see but looks like I spent 270 on a new throttle body when i needed 4 new spark plugs! EXPENSIVE PLUGS EH
So how much did they charge you for the electronic diagnosis, that sent them on a trial and error run? As I said in my earliest posts, this is not an exact science they spent 270 of YOUR money on a new throttle body that you do not need. What about the Cat then, was that needed and why?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome