Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Laguna

Thread: New Laguna
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New Laguna

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here for a while so thought I'd put in a little update - we decided last month to offer our Modus for sale. After it received very little private interest at a low price, we sold it to a dealership as a trade-in for its replacement model.

A couple of weeks ago we collected our new Laguna III Sport Tourer Dynamique and, so far, it has been night and day compared to the Modus.

Highlights so far are the 2.0 petrol engine which not many people go for as it's quite thirsty, but no worse than the Modus and has terrific pull in all gears. It also has a rather satisfy purr on acceleration... The quality of the interior is top notch, it has half leather and a very smart BMW i-Drive style controller on the centre console for Sat Nav, bluetooth phone and CD changer etc... The electronic park brake is reminiscent of that which is in our Land Rover (hopefully more reliable though!) and the unradical styling means it should look good for years to come...

Only downsides so far are that it's a little bit harder to park than the Modus (which is to be expected, although I was a little disappointed to find it doesn't have parking sensors) and that around town and accelerating on the motorway the fuel economy was struggling to get over 30mpg. But that's the sacrifice for a smooth as the sky engine!

Here is a low quality photo I have taken on my phone:

Currently in Modus-91's garage:
2008 Laguna III Sport Tourer Dynamique 2.0i
  5 Lastest Threads by Modus-91
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna III microphone for handsfree rattling badly Electronics Modus-91 0 1324 10th July 2012 06:26 PM
2008 2.0 Laguna III Over-Revving under... Engines plasticslugspilot 1 934 10th July 2012 05:17 PM
2008 Laguna III tyres Wheels & tyres Phil C 1 1257 19th July 2011 11:20 AM
Laguna III - the wheels from the brouchures! Wheels & tyres knownClone 5 2508 9th November 2010 11:28 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome