Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 'Free Safety Checks'

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Haree
Renault Dealer 36 point Inspection Query.

hope you can help. A friend of mine who has got a Renault had some recall work done at his local Renault dealer. Whilst it was in for the recall work the Renault technician also carried out a free 36 point inspection which I understand is done at all Renault dealers and uses a traffic light system. When he was handed the inspection sheet on what things had been checked it said he needed new brakes and steering fault all in red so he decided to get another opinion off another mechanic (a non Renault dealer) and was told that what the Renault dealer had said was utter nonsence and the work the Renault dealer said needed doing was not necessary. Now I am not going to say who is right and who is wrong as a lot of things regarding cars such as brakes comes down to the technicians opinion but does the technician have to stick to Renault UK guidelines when doing servicing / inspections. So if the front brake pads are worn by say ex amount does the technician have to say the brake pads need changing because Renault says so or can he use his common sence and say there ok for ex amount more miles then come and see us.

Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome