Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Bodywork - Self-levelling Xenon lights - Problems with actuators ?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace - Bodywork - Self-levelling Xenon lights - Problems with actuators

hi i drive a grand espace 2.2dci manual year 2005
until recently when i turned the headlights on i could hear a motor noise and the headlight bulbs would move up and down then settle in one place.
this all of a sudden stopped happening and i went to my local renault garage and told the my headlights were no longer auto adjusting, they kept the car and at first told me a wire was broken somwhere and had to be located and fixed. after the diagnostic they said it will cost 91.
next day i was told it was a software issue and they have reset the software and it works fine. they charged me 122. it said on the reciept they had checked the sensors and plugs for water damage and all was ok.
got to the car and the problem was still there, they said the lights were adjusting i said i cant hear the motor, then they said thats a seperat issue.
so my original problem is still there they have fixed something i didnt ask them too and they want to charge me again for any additional work.
Please can you suggest how i should go about this?? thank you
Currently in qads's garage:
grand espace 2.2dci 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome