Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 270 for 4 spark plugs

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tranzic
Well had the car in the dealers again yesterday.

For those that don't remember, electronic fault light, was told Cat and Throttle Body , did the Cat no change, replaced the Throttle Body , no change...............

Well yesterday they traced all the injection system wiring and equipment and just as they thought nothing was untoward the guy noticed the resistance readings from the spark plugs.

Turns out, as discussed on the forum elsewhere, that the plugs used by the garage I bought it from in the service were not Renault plugs. Basically it appears the resistance was building up so high it would "crash" the electronic system causing the problem. Although the computer showed throttle body it did actually pinpoint it as "unidentified".

Well they want me to try it for a couple of weeks and see but looks like I spent 270 on a new throttle body when i needed 4 new spark plugs! EXPENSIVE PLUGS EH
Hiya mate !
Been there ,seen that, got the tee shirt of that one !!!!!
If you've had work done by a main dealer in persuit of a fault and it was proved not to be necessary or the cure you should go back to your dealer or garage that did the work and insist on speaking to the Customer service manager in a nice quiet office away from the noise and telephones and "excusme just a minute" and insisting on a refund of costs(I'm talking about the cat and throttle body plus un-necassary labour costs.) Renault are far too fond of doing "lets try this " work and billing the customer for it .
You have been charged for work that was not necesary and are entitled to a refund mate (albeit at their discretion)
If you dont get any joy ask to speak to the M.D.(Managing Director)and be Insistant without being rude!!!!!!
They may insist on claiming back their new fitted parts and fitting back the old ones which is their rite to do so if they wish but they cannot charge you for this and must return the car to you in a fully working condition (as was mine, too many to go into on-line .Pm me and we'll chat if you like )
Because of a three month recurring fault on my lag initiale I ended up having a new turbo and intercooler fitted courtesy of renault no charge.(ocs-yellow scheme .)
I do not believe I would have had any joy if I had not asked to see the C.S.M. try it mate!!! .
It cant do any harm but DO IT BEFORE they throw your old bits away!!!!
Let me know how you get on or want anymore info
Currently in xcuzme's garage:
2004 Volvo V70 D5 SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome