Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New to Renault - Advise needed.

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Haree
Re: New to Renault - Advise needed.

what is your budget for your scenic auto and how old do you want to go. The facelift versions from mid 2006 are better built and more reliable then the non face - lift versions. Common faults more on the no facelift versions are coils , electric window regulators, rearstats, dephaser pulley (1.6 16v VVT K4M engine), you get a rattle type noise on start up when cold, turbo failure (DCI's) but overall reliability is not too bad. You may or may not be lucky. As for the trim levels which are available as an auto are expression (1.6), dynamique (1.6 , 2.0, 1.9 dci and 2.0 dci), and top of the range privilege (1.6 , 2.0, 1.9 dci and 2.0 dci). There is also the Oasis version which is based on the expression, but with fixed glass roof, alarm and keyless go and the Maxim which is similar in spec to a privilege but with standard cruise control, dark interior, climate control but single CD instead of multi CD as in the privilege. I would avoid the 1.6 scenic auto as it is very underpowered and its gearchange not overly smooth. The 2.0 petrol is the one to go for or any of the diesel auto's although they are rare and have a high price premium. Also avoid the panoramic sunroof. Any other questions on scenics just ask.

Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome