Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Bonnet Catch Failures Key Steps

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio Bonnet Catch Failures Key Steps

Heard from Renault today and they say its a maintenance problem and that 2 letters were sent out to the previous owner of my car (which helped me a lot).I asked why my handbook didnt have this in it about the maintenance of the bonnet catch 3 times and 3 times he ignored me.I told him the repair centre it is at to be repaired called me yesterday to say i would have to sign a disclaimer form when i got my car back as it could happen again as the problem had not been fixed and the repair centre would not be held responsible for it and he asked me to give him the name and phone number and he would arrange for someone from renault to go there and fix the problem free of charge woop de woo that was good of renault as im 200 out of pocket for excess on my insurance and my insurance premiums will go up.Also got a call today from the Vehicle Safety Agency who told me the same as Renault told me,i said to him so no one is going to take responsibility for this and it will go on until someone has a serious injury or fatal and he said that would be very unlikely,i only hope he is right
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome