Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - How To Change Headlamp Bulbs

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Scenic - How To Change Headlamp Bulbs

there is no need to remove any components.
remove rubber cover grab bulb twist and pull away then get a long thin screwdriver to slide between holding clip this is similar to a electric connector block its to stop it falling of bulb there is one each side of connector its very fiddly and you will need small hands people with shovel hands forget it, you will have no chance. It mite be easier to look at how clip comes of by doing passenger side first also a torch will help but you may need someone to hold the torch but not totally necessary as I did this on my own. You will have to repeat this for both sides of connector then pull away a little to stop clip re-locking itself then slide screwdriver down down metal clip on other side and work wires clip free once you have finally removed connector be carefull to keep metal clip in same position on bulb as can be a bit confusing as to were it locates back to bulb remember to wear sergical gloves as you will no doubt to the new bulb in the fitting process this needs to be avoided as grease from your fingers will cause hot spots to form on bulb causing bulb to fail early I know this all sounds a bit confusing be trial and error will see you through once you have done it once you will find it's fairly easy next time I did mine first time at night it took me about one hour can change now in less than 5 mins hope this helps sorry for grammer.
Currently in hmsggg's garage:
2005 renault megane 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome