Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi! user- Laguna bonnet catch enquiry

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2010
Dean Carr
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hi! user- Laguna bonnet catch enquiry

Originally Posted by hughstary View Post
Thanks for your help everyone.

Eventually fixed it with the help of a mobile mechanic who ran out of time ?! so I finished the job myself. It's worth noting that on the Mark 1 Laguna 2.2dt with aircon there is NO WAY to reach the passenger-side bonnet catch from underneath. The only way we could find was to remove bumper and crossbrace then butcher the top headlamp bolt to allow the headlamp to be pulled out. From there it's easy to reach the catch and free it.

I think my original problem was the cable retainer - it broke and the cable became detached, so no amount of pulling from inside the car would help. Be warned - a new catch costs 41 from Renault !! I'm going to go to the scrappy to get a replacement for the other before it goes too !
This is my problem! I have managed to open the offside catch by pulling the cable with a straightened coathanger. However the nearside cannot be seen, I have aircon so im guessing that's why (as you said).

I know this is an old thread but hopefully somebody could reply. How did you manage to remove the front bumper? are there many screws? locations?

Many thanks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome