Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Going to europe ? Headlight Protectors (with beam deflectors)

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Going to europe ? Headlight Protec

Originally Posted by ReanaultInFrance View Post
I wonder whether these would be OK to use when permanently exporting a Laguna to France? It would have to pass the headlight beam test in the French MOT.

Hi there Newbie here. Thi is the exact question I would want an answer to.

Allow me to explain. I'm a Brit living in France so aware of the French procedures. My sister (who also lives in France) asked me to locate a good diesel estate for her so this weekend I'm picking up a 2001 Laguna Prviliege DCi in the UK.

Obviously the issue of dipped beam headlights comes into play. She will not want to buy new headlights if that can be avoided, so I'm wondering

1. Does this vehicle have any built-in adjustments on the headlights for "continental driving - as my BM used to have?

2. Re these polycarbonate headlamp protectors, do/can they include dip beam correction for operation in France.

I suspect that the Contrôle Technique (mot) guys would accept beam correction if t was considored to be permananent and did ensure that the dip was to the right in France.

After all, they are only concerned with avoiding blinding on-coming traffic.

Anyone got any ideas/help/info?

Currently in thebiglad's garage:
Discovery TD5 auto ES, Discovery TDi 300, Suzy Bandit 1200
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome