Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1.4 8v - Info on starting problems - HELPFUL!

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 1.4 8v - Info on starting problems - HELPFUL!

I am new to the forum but have spent some time searching for the problems that i am experiencing but have failed to find any identical.

I drive a renault Clio mk2 Y reg and am having problems when starting. After some research I am thinking it may be problems with immobiliser but all the solutions i have read about have failed to work. First problems were found when key unlocked doors as normal but car would not even turn over. Dash lights up as normal and immobiliser light goes off but nothing.
After a 20minute wait car started as normal. I had done nothing but keep trying it
Car worked fine for two weeks until next time keys unlock doors but immobiliser light flashes fast and cuts out the engine as soon as it fires or on other occasions it doesn't even fire. Can this be the same problem with diffferent symptoms or do i have two problems on my hands?

Both keys have same issues with working sometimes and not others. I have changed batteries in both and now one will never start the car and the other key will most times but not everytime.
I have tried re-syncing keys, removing fuse 21 also and all of these things work 'every now and then. ' But some times i find myself stranded for a while.

Sometimes i notice the car does seem to turn over very slowly sometimes but starts fine so could battery be dying?
All of these problems seem to occur randomly and dont seem to occur with similar temparture/weather or times of day.

I would appreciate any help people can give me as I am very close to going the expensive ranault dealer route.

Many thanks

Currently in Samuel's garage:
2001 (Y) MkII Renault Clio 1.4 Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome