Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Service Intervals

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Service Intervals

Can I seek from feedback please from others on the forum. I have a petrol megane 3 which is now 12 months old. My dealer has been strongly urging me to service the car, however, the car has an 18k / 24 month initial service interval. So far I've only done 10k miles.

I take it the first service interval should be as it says on the tin at 18k / 24 months as long as the car is running ok and oil checked.

I wouldn't object to renault giving the car a once over given it is now a year old but i feel that booking the car in will allow the dealer to bill me for several hundred pounds that may not be necessary. Call me skeptical but part of my doubt over my dealers intentions stems from a very poor sales experience at the start and the feeling they were just out to shaft me, I do not trust them.

I feel like taking the car to my local independent garage whom i do trust for a look over to make sure all is well and then waiting until the first service interval is due. Do I need to even bother with my local garage at the moment?

Advice appreciated please.

Many thanks
Currently in Dougle's garage:
2009 Megane Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by Dougle
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Service Intervals Cars & motoring madnoel10 5 11811 15th March 2010 09:08 PM
09 Megane Rattles Interiors Dougle 5 1570 7th May 2009 09:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome