Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Haree
Re: Help Please

thanks for the info. Without plugging your cars computer into a diagnostics machine to read the fault codes its hard to diagnose the fault on here but going on what you say I would say it could be the camshaft dephaser pulley solonoid. This is a very common failure on the 1.6 16v VVT K4M engine and its what controls the variable valve timing. The starting problems you are having and having to rev the engine are typical symptoms that the dephaser is failing. Its a well known Renault fault and even though your car is out of warranty I would ring up renault customer services asking for a contribution towards repairs. It is not a cheap job to do as not only does the faulty dephaser have to be replaced it also involves replacing the cambelt, pulleys and tensioners and I would also reccomend replacing the water pump and cleaning out the throttle body housing. Hope this helps.

Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome