Here is my predicament and I am looking for advice from fellow forum members:
I bought a 2002 Laguna II 1.6 3 weeks ago.
It came with 2 years NCT (Irish MOT) 67k miles and is in great nick for its age.
Since buying it I have discovered the following:
1. Diffs in Gearbox are about to go. €500 to fix
2. Clutch is about to go. €200 to fix
3. Back Pads & Discs very worn €250 per set + fitting.
4. Timing belt was never done €450+ to supply & fit
5. Intermittent fault in engine that according to this forum can have a multitude of causes. Cant be traced as car not showing error when plugged into diagnostic computer
I got a 3 month waranty from garage (not a main dealer) when i rang them about the issues they say electrics not covered on warranty. As car passed the NCT they are happy car is good and will not do pre-emptive repairs. If g-box fails its covered.
I am thinking of just selling the car on privately and buying another one but this time doing better homework.
Although my conscience is giving me a very hard time over this idea!!
What do others think??