Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II - Access to resistor pack?

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic II - Access to resistor pack?

I have an 04 Scenic II with AirCon. The "power Pack" failed so I ordered a new one from Renault. It was only -5 deg C when I changed mine - luxury.

You do not have to completely remove the dashboard as described in the Haynes manual. I discovered this because Renault failed to deliver the part so I bodged the "power pack" by soldering a wire between two of the terminals on the power transistor. This put the fan on full blast but as it was -5 at the time this was considered a virtue.

Second time around, after the part had arrived, I did a lot less work. I doubt the 5 minute method would work for an aircon car as the power connectors are securely clipped in; and clipped in vertically for that matter so you can't pull them out as they foul on the dash.

It is only necessary to loosen the top of the dashboard and lift it up onto some chocks to allow you to get your hand in.

Therefore you can avoid having to remove - the steering wheel (and drivers air bag) - The electronics unit (next to the glove box) - The tweeters - the sunlight sensor - mess with the passenger airbag connectors.

Just be careful not to accidentally damage the left hand passenger airbag connector when lifting the dash up or down as it's very close to the electronics unit.

After refitting the top of the dash get underneath with a torch and check the left hand passenger airbag connector is still in place.
Currently in paulb487's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.9 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome