Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please help with these "conscience" issues before selling Megane 2006 2L Auto petrol

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Please help with these "conscience" issues before selling Megane 2006 2L Auto pet

Thanks Paul, Asterix and Dave! As you say, all is fair in love and selling to trade!

However, I am selling private, and to a guy with young family, who is paying me an OK price.

I have read a lot about some fairly horrendous problems that are likely to happen with certain models, they are so common. However, not being a mechanic I can't judge whether the things I have listed are indications of that scenario. All of the items I myself have noticed, and they have been pointed out to me independently by prospective buyers who have test driven the car.

While the car is still mine and under warranty, I want to request the dealership to investigate them, and to give me a report of their investigation, which I will give to the new owner. It will surely help the dealership to not fob me off if I seem to understand what I am saying. If they find nothing, I have no need to do more, and the new owner is getting the best assurance he can. If they find nothing and then one of these concerns turns into an actual fault while the car is still under warranty, or nearly or just out of, but new ownership, the new owner will have a comeback on the dealer. That is the situation I want to set up.

Apart from that, getting some ideas from you experienced and knowledgeable guys increases my own understanding as a car owner and driver, of Renault in particular, and that of anyone else reading this thread. I do not know how to assess the things on the list, and I should!

Hope you will get into this a bit with me, it would be a worthwhile and appreciated thing!

Currently in Neil'sMeg's garage:
Megane II sedan 2l auto 2006

Last edited by Neil'sMeg; 22nd March 2010 at 09:08 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome