Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please help with these "conscience" issues before selling Megane 2006 2L Auto petrol

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Please help with these "conscience" issues before selling Megane 2006 2L Auto pet

Originally Posted by Haree View Post
Hello Neil,

this may not be what you want to hear but I don't honestly from what you have said think there is anything wrong with your cars gearbox. I have driven myself quite a few meganes and scenic auto's with the same engine and gearbox combination and I have found the 1st to 2nd gear shift can be lumpy as you describe but that is how the box is. When you say about the gear change feeling lumpy when going up a steep incline are you backing off thethrottle at all as doing this will cause the box to change up as you are reducing engine load and the box is selecting the next higher gear so the engine labours. What you should do is keep your foot on the throttle when going up steep inclines and not ease off. What you can do and may be a better bet is use the manual override facility and manaually select 2nd gear when going up a steep hill so if you do need to ease off the gas that gear is held and if won't go into the next higher gear. Whether or not renault offer any kind of software update I don't know but that may help. If not an ATF fluid change may make a slight bit of difference but I honestly think it is something you and the next owners will have to live with and get used to.

Understand, Harry.

It's actually what I wanted to hear!

I'll put the question to the dealership, and see what the flavour of the response is, out of curiosity.

Thanks for your generous help.

Currently in Neil'sMeg's garage:
Megane II sedan 2l auto 2006
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome