Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please help with these "conscience" issues before selling Megane 2006 2L Auto petrol

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Please help with these "conscience" issues before selling Megane 2006 2L Auto pet

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Hi there Neil.

Apologies for my misunderstanding - I'd read your previous posts as you were trading the car in at the dealers - hence my reply.

For 5 years I was a Customer Services Manager within Ford (similar to what is in place at Renault with RCS ), and each model would have its own behaviour - I'll give an example; all models fitted with the IB5 gearbox (Ka, Fiesta, Fusion & Puma) could display vibration through the gear lever @ idle - it was a bit random if your car was affected, but 'we' didn't deem it a fault - it was described as a characteristic.

I think some (if not all) what you've described could also be seen as such.

By all means get these investigated (or at least noted) by the dealer whilst the warranty is running, as this will provide the next owner with a degree of traceability should a fault actually develop soon after he buys it.

In any case, the car is relatively young, with a low mileage - so any items not covered by warranty, should still be viewed sympathetically by RCS on a goodwill basis, should the failure be deemed to be premature & due to a manufacturing defect, not fair wear & tear.

Yep, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your comments, Paul.

Currently in Neil'sMeg's garage:
Megane II sedan 2l auto 2006
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome