Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #953 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

A slightly more cynical me would point out that our friendly forum Renault rep chirpily responds to a lot of threads, even those somewhat critical of Renault's faults, but this one has gone down the blind-side. It's like they're closing their eyes and pretending it's not happening... Then again, it's not like they aren't aware of the issue. I'm just puzzled that they don't care about the custom all this bad press is losing them, rather than just owning up and trying to rescue the situation.

Still, all Clio 2s will have been written off with 'A'-pillar damage soon, so it won't be a problem for them any more.

Of course, Toyota started off on the same note - they blamed the owners and claimed aftermarket carpets were at fault. However, they changed tack when the evidence was overwhelmingly to the contrary, unlike Renault.

To be honest, even though I've never owned a Clio II and wouldn't do, I don't think I'd buy another Renault on the principal that they don't seem to care about safety-critical flaws in their cars.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome