Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The end - choises

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: The end - choises

What engine is in it? Have you tried a full oil flush with some 3rd party solution? It can be a messy, horrible job to do yourself (even worse than just changing the oil ) but places like National Tyres will do it fairly cheaply - I'm thinking if the issue is not with the pump, you could have a blocked oil galley somewhere and continue driving it in this state for an extended period could be very bad for the engine. As you say, the car doesn't have much retail value but anything that's cheap and 'might' work is worth a go. My hydraulic tappets rattle for a couple of seconds after the engine is started, but they certainly don't go on doing it... Although it's difficult to hear at the moment as my broken injector is causing audible knock at lower engine speeds now though.

There are plenty of companies who will take away cars for free, even in semi-stripped states, just make sure you find one who are registered with the DVLA and will make sure the car is officially written off rather than some dodgy back-street merchant...

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome