Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The end - choises

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: The end - choises

Originally Posted by thunderbird2 View Post
Its a 2.0 16V F4R.
I don't want to try to fix it on the general forum. Suffice to say I have had it apart down to the individual lifters and up to the oil pump (all good) and it would need a new head.

We really are looking at the end game.
Hmm, if you know what the actual problem is, and it lies in the head, surely tracking down a replacement head from a scrapper would be worth it, even if you don't want to go for a rebuilt one, just to keep the car on the road 'till something else goes wrong with it?

Better the devil you know than open a whole new can of worms, as they say... Just because something doesn't look economically viable on the surface doesn't mean it's a bad idea... Unless you're going to buy a much newer car, with a warranty, you can't possibly know that what you're buying isn't going to pack up in a much worse manner a week after you buy it anyway...

I'm fairly certain my car's not really worth the 200-odd quid it cost to get it through the last MOT, but I'm glad I did it

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome