Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie stuck - can't get into Megane

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Newbie stuck - can't get into Megane

Originally Posted by LeeME3 View Post
Right, I'm almost certainly being daft but I need a way into my car without using a key or damaging it (no, I'm not a vehicle thief!).

Here's the locked, battery flat, emergency key doesn't fit the emergency lock (thank you to the dealer who screwed that up!).

Obviously I need to get access to the bonnet to get charge onto the battery so any ideas? So far I'm contemplating trying to force the bonnet (don't fancy that) or smashing a rear quarter light window (also unappealing!).

So, any ideas? Obviously there are security implications here so happy to use PM and if you want I can supply VIN/reg/log book details to prove ownership!

Thanks in advance!
hi lee, if you if you get hold of your o/s grille in front bumper pull it towards you and up at same time it will come out and then you can see bonnet cable and catch pull and it will open,did it myself when battery packed up.good luck bumper grille fits in bottom first so you have to pull out top part first.
Currently in horaceoz's garage:
2006 skoda octavia vrs 1998 rover 218 coupe 2003 megane 1.9 dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome