Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Heating and cooling - Heater Fan Not Working + Fix With Pics

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2010
chris 707
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Re: Renault Espace - Heating and cooling - Heater Fan Not Working + Fix With Pics

HEATER FAN WORKING. . . . After all this time I have finaly solved the problem, and have a cautionary tale for all with the same problem. DONT TRUST THE RELAY in the engine bay !!!!!!!!!! When the problem 1st arouse I checked the fuse then the relay. I had my wife in the car and could hear and feel the relay clicking, so I dismissed it as the problem. I got round to having another crack at fixing the prob, was going to wire fans direct to cigerette lighter and bypass suspected Risistor Pack completely. Dash apart yet again, getting a dab hand at this, less than 10min to get in now !! Had power but not enough to power up the fans, thought I would clean the relay contacts, inadvertantly shorted the terminals and the fans fired up. replaced relay and hey presto, job jobbed. Hope this may help someone else.

Thanks for all the usefull info on this site, keep it up.

Cheers Chris.
Currently in chris 707's garage:
Renault Espace 2.2dt RXE 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome