Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Re: Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

I had a similar problem with my 2005 megane so I looked up the problem on here and with the process of elimination found out what the problem was. The 3rd coil from the left was kerplunked so I rang the Renault garage he explained exactly what problem was "sounds like a coil ", cool said I, I have a couple of months warranty but he explained to me that my warranty did not cover coils .... I wonder why !!!!! He told me to drive the car to the dealership (22 Kms away) but I queried whether that could damage the cat con and he said that other people have driven their cars to the garage with the same prob so I asked him if he would replace my cat con if it got damaged because he said I could drive the car but he gave a stern NO to that. I decided to go to the scrapyard and I got 2 second hand coils that cost me ***8364;40 a pair (my local Renault garage wanted ***8364;90 for 1 plus extra for fitting and another ***8364;150 to put it on the diagnostics just to make sure it was the coils in the first place). Thanks forum for saving me a packet !!!!
Currently in essmbee's garage:
megane 1.4 sports saloon
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome