Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #961 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
So in essence both VOSA and Renault would appear to have come to the conclusion that the bonnet problems are due to poor maintenance rules rather than poor design. In my view if this is the case anyone who has suffered bonnet catch failure and had their car serviced solely by a Renault dealer or garage (who have worked accordingly to the previous prescribed service schedule) would have grounds for a claim for any subsequent loss or damage.
Have they hoisted themselves on their own petard??

Sadly I think only legal action or threats by insurers who may have been caught up in this mess may prove the case.

Maybe its time all those affected should remind those responsible - we haven't gone away you know
Yep the world has gone mad - official!

I am not accepting anything that implies the user is at fault (the only statement issued by Renault throughout the case reports...

The statement from VOSA is not acceptable, and I will not accept this to remain as status of their investigation. Even 11% of Renault's incredibly high - in fact if the UK figure is 15% and Renault's is 11%...then this is worrying...the reason why it is 15% is probably because Renault is sooo high Also, lets put this in a more quantifiable figure. 11% of Renault Clio Mark 2 is 55,000 - so this means these cars are unsafe on our roads. Hmmm...That's 55k too much in my opinion! interesting statistic to help us here!

Oh and the Renault dealership notices went to Renault dealer's - how about the others...what happens if you went to a Ford garage or independent - it's shoddy to believe that this "Renault dealership notification" is a solution!

Crap - so ruddy crap!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 1st April 2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: I work in the financial industry (cards) - so corrected Cards to mean Cars!! :)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome