Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II door lights

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th July 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I had this problem a while ago and there is another post somewhere (I tried to dig it out but couldn't see it and it's already past my bedtime so feel free to have a hunt around for it!). Anyway, on my 2001 Expression 1.8 it was only the driver door that was exhibiting the issue. I swapped bulbs around and it didn't make any difference. On the other thread it mentioned that there is a contact in the door locking mechanism which activates a signal to the computer which then illuminates the light and the dash display icons. So I sprayed WD40 liberally all over the door locking mechanism and in the connector by the door hinge. I locked and unlocked the door about 20 times and nothing happened. I then forgot about it and a couple of weeks later just happened to notice that the light had started working again. I'm not totally convinced that it was the WD40 that solved the issue, but as with all French cars, anything is worth a go, especially when it comes to electrical issues!
Currently in andylowe's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome