Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - THEOCO Dealer in Kingsbury

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: THEOCO Dealer in Kingsbury

Hi there,
I don't know your area but don't surmise your local Renault Stealership is better than a good independant garage.

From my experience, I wouldn't touch a dealership, they are far more expensive and the workshop staff often are pressurised into getting more cars through their workshop.

For example, I had a company Peugeot which was regularly serviced at a local dealership.
After about 7/8 services they told me I would need new front pads when I next booked the car in.
A week later the front offside disc shattered. Not pleased with what the ''experts'' had previously told me and valuing my life somewhat, I took it to an independant for the repair and set up an account with them for future servicing etc.
The first service with them revealed that the air filter was the factory fitted original one - even though my company had been billed for replacements! A simple thing you might think but when you're paying a premium price you expect a premium service.

The point I'm making is a good independant relies on word of mouth for repeat business and looks to be trusted by his customers.

So do a little research and it will pay dividends if you set up a rapport with him.

It'll save big bucks too.....

Political correctness defined:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome