Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #419 of (permalink) Old 3rd April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Vel Satis Bumpy Ride, anyone help???

Originally Posted by Jon Spencer View Post
Hi, sorry if im on the wrong page or wrong area but I could not find how or where to start a new Question.
My 2003 2.2dci Vel Satis Manual has started to feel decidedly uncomfortable when going over bumps. I'v had my local mechanic look at the suspension and he says its all OK. The car has done nearly 50k miles and the ride is horrible over bumps now and the whole car seems to bounce and rattle where previously it was a ride of comfort and luxry.
The fault I think is at the back of the car? The mechanic did say there was a small amount of play with the Rear Anti Roll Bar Bushes but the play was minimal.
Help, any suggestions? I have never seen these Bushes for sale on E Bay so I assume its a Renault Item?
Hope you can point me in the right direction as I still love the car and I dont want anything else. I had the car for nearly two years and 12k of luxury motoring.
Many thanks, Jon.
Hi Jon, sounds like the rubber bushes, on the rear anti roll-bar. Your mileage is about right as well. Unlike most items for the Vel Satis they are relatively inexpensive to replace, both for parts and labour. I think there are 2 sizes of roll-bar, so make sure you get the correct size for your vehicle. Hope you find this to be the answer.
Currently in tonycanderson's garage:
2003 Renault Vel Satis V6 3.0dci, 2006 Peugeot 1007 Sport & 2006 Citroen C2 1.4HDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome