Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Possible fix for cold heater

View Single Post
post #104 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Possible fix for cold heater

there is a lot of aluminium bits in the cooling system, any acid or alkaine chemicals will eat through that lot in short order!!!!
(it should have been in there(the heater matrix only) for only a few minutes, and not taken for a run).

i think you have really overdone it to say the least.
get all the drain holes open on the engine and drain the entire system out ASAP!

then flush it out with water that has been already boiled (pre boiled water from the kettle) will have had all the bugs and algae killed off so when poured in you wont wind up with black slime growing in the pipework.

anyway, drain it all out. refit all plugs, refill with pre-boiled water, then see where its draining from.
check the engine oil breather pipe, is it like cheese in there? (if so, the head gasket is gone)

Spare parts available for 2001 Scenic 1.9Dci, 97 Lag1, 02 Lag2.
everythings gotta go....
cheap prices...
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome