Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #967 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Am I right in thinking that Vosa's statement that there was an insert to "owners' manuals" is a bit confusing? The letter which Renault sent contained an insert for the "maintenance booklet to remind your dealer to check this item at each service" - which I take to mean the service booklet (for the attention of garages) rather than the owner's handbook (of basic instructions).

As for the development of the story up until now: When 'Watchdog' began covering this, I remember they had on some motoring expert who could not understand why Renault had not done what Alfa Romeo had done when drivers were having similar problems with the bonnets on their 147s and 156s.

As far as I can see just from a trawl through the web, Renault's response over time has mirrored that of Alfa Romeo: Alfa drivers were asked to bring in their cars at which point their latches were checked and replaced free if necessary.

(It also seems that some Alfa drivers are still experiencing accidents, complaining that they did not receive the letters.)
Currently in Philip's garage:
2002 Renault Clio Expression+ 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome