Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parcel shelf wont go down on my cc... trying to get garage to fix but they wont..

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Parcel shelf wont go down on my cc... trying to get garage to fix but they wont..

I recently purchased a 2006 renault megane cc (3 months ago), Two days after purchase the roof stopped working (2nd retraction) the garage has refused to cover the costs as they have said the roof is not under warranty, Anyway i have now purchased two wires that were thought to be the problem £50 each excluding fitting...but they both snapped due to pressure when opening the roof. Now they think its a little black latch that is not retracting correctly costing another £80. this also may not be the problem and if it doesn't work renault have said it could cost in excess of £1000. does anyone have any idea of the problem or encounter it themselves? also ltd of manchester have been no help at all i am ringing citizens advice tomorrow as i only had it two days surely he must be accountable for some costs incurred,

Roof and windows all completely retract back and the boot lid closes as it should but the parcel shelf stays in an upright position therefore stopping it being usable due to the force created when driving would just snap the parcel self off.. I have spoken to citizen’s advice today who advised me to contact consumer direct. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and informed me about the sales of goods act. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller. “I wanted a convertible and it doesn’t convert” thing is it broke two days after we drove it off the forecourt. She advised me of the next steps to take and what documentation I needed to keep hold of, I just can’t believe this has happened two days after purchase it, makes me sick thinking about it, the dealer it’s a waste of space and cant be trusted even now when we speak on the phones he sound such a trust worthy person and promises the world – (Fantastic acting ability) Consumer direct seem to think that we might have a case against him as Renault have been more than helpful to be honest and have said that the fault might be a long standing one (before I purchased the car) if this turns out then fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!

Thing is the convertibles now a days are just to high tec and are so easy to break down costing hundreds if not thousands to repair

Link & dealer's name removed RFs Admin
Currently in robcop_8182's garage:

Last edited by hondo; 9th April 2010 at 05:11 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by robcop_8182
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Parcel shelf wont go down on my cc... trying to... Bodywork RUK_Response 2 2260 9th April 2010 04:43 PM
Help !!!! Broken Roof – Renault megane... Bodywork madnoel10 2 4056 12th February 2010 01:23 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome