Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna MK2 Drivers Wing Mirror

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna MK2 Drivers Wing Mirror

Hi all!! I'm in need of a bit of advice.
Some old bag drove past the central lines today and swerved into my car clipping my wing mirror. She didn't stop the old witch. Anyway my cover went flying off and the glass was shattered.
I've got a Mk2 Laguna initaile Sport Tourer.
Can anyone please give me guidance on how to take the shattered glass out? I've seen on a different post that you might be apple to prize the glass off with a bit of force and then push the new glass on?
I don't want to go and make the mirror any worse so any help is appreciated!
I've noticed that the glass had a layer of liquid behind it (glare proof i assume). Also do I need to be careful with the electrics as for a mirror it's pretty technically advanced (like some sifi robot mirror). They wind in, heated and so on.....

Can anyone also advise me where I could buy a new one from? Hopefully not too expensive.

I managed to turn around and find the cover. It also wasn't crushed by some small chance of a miracle.

I'm on the lookout for the old witch though!! I remember what car she was driving!!!!! tut tut tut!
  5 Lastest Threads by deadaselvis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna ide 2l engine fault and fault codes! Engines 3 2171 5th April 2011 08:09 AM
Laguna MK2 Drivers Wing Mirror Bodywork deadaselvis 4 2185 9th April 2010 09:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome