Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #56 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

On RX4 2000 my right-hand side (passenger side in Europe) window made a horrible grinding noise and then stopped. The window slid up and down by hand. I have removed the door panel ( Undo speaker, T30 on door handle, T20 on electric winder handle and 3 x T20 along bottom of door - and then pull out from bottom - it has mastic gunk and plastic pop fasteners). Found bits of white plastic that holds cable end ripped out. There is a white curvy plastic cable guide at the top that was broken off, and a bit of broken plastic from the part on the glass (the Window has a hole drilled in it that has a plastic clip on it that takes both loose ends of the 2xwire winding cables) so the cables got loose and so the motor ends of the cable then wrapped and jammed around spool on winder motor. AFAIK the RX4 for year 2000 is the same as the Scenic (model I from before 2003). I can see a regulator repair kit on Ebay with 2x new cables, spool and the three plastic clips that look identical to mine for 28Euro+post so I'll go with that. There are just the plastic bits but my cables are creased and there are the whole units on eBay with motors for double that but my motor still is OK so I'll try this middle option.
Currently in openmtl's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic RX4 2.0 Petrol
The Following User Says Thank You to openmtl For This Useful Post:
PhilGY (30th June 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome