Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Key Coding - Have I got this right?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Kangoo Key Coding - Have I got this right?

the problem is that Renault is greedy it wants big bucks for everything! But- well, serve us right- we bought Renaults and you get what you pays for- in this case, junk! Serve us right. I am stuck with a kangoo. Bought it at circa 45000 privately from a guy 12 years older then me but very much wiser than me (I'm 73) for I didn't notice in the glowing service record the cam belt was not done (I suspect the garage advised leave it and hope a buyer will not notice- sic) Found out later he was advised get rid of it by Renault garage which had sold it and serviced ity. Par for the course and my own bl**dy fault! But I took and old man's word about his dead wife, and how he was finished with driving and no use for the Kangoo and blah blah blah. But he bought a new car fromthe same place very soon after! Suckers beware!
Meantime, the Kangoo (1998) has now (at just just 51,000) TWO new drive shafts, continous trouble (costly ) with fuel flow, and rather a lot of small items.
Result: I will never but never, buy another Renault. I won't sell this- it would be indecent given its record so I will scrap it whenever- justas soon as the naxt big defiect whows up, and then I will spread the bad bad word about my experience- because everywhere I turn or seek something, I meet high price quoites from anything Renault!
And ( see my post) looks like I've got a 1000 a go repair fuel pump - I'm told it's probably an Epic injectornly 3 - (Renault connected) repairers in UK?)
If so this Kangoo away for parts!
Anyone confirm Epic injector in 1998 Kangoo-if I ask Renault they'll probably want money to tell me!
My last two Renault 5 Express (which I inherited from a business) were just as bad- at 60,000 and 67,000 they went for scrap -the bigger one surved- with a Citroen enhine which proved simply fabalous, finallyariving at the scrapyard with 260,000km on the clock.

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 13th April 2010 at 07:20 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome