Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Deep scratches - DIY or pay up a month wage.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2010
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Deep scratches - DIY or pay up a month wage.

Originally Posted by mianchen View Post
A couple of weeks ago someone scratched the front of my Clio in a car park and ran away. Sent my car to a local bodyshop approved by the insurance company, quoted 400+ for the repair. (see pic)

Unfortunately, last week my rear bumper got damaged too, outside my house. See pic. This time was my fault. The car hit by me was my friend's and there was only light scratches, which he 'fixed' with Quixxx.

Went to Halford, quoted 450+, but this time is for both jobs.

The scratches look pretty deep, although I am willing to but try it out, I have not DIY fix anything like this before. I'm not sure if it's a good idea. And I don't think Quixx is gonna work.

What should I do? My pocket is really tight at the monent. If I have job#1 done through insurance, will my premium go roof high? (I have a UK lisence for <1yr, used my international one for the yr before. Have to pay a high excess on claim anyway.)

Should I even think about claiming the Job#2? Or try to fix it privately, DIY it?

If I do need to buy something like "RENAULT CAR PAINT AEROSOL TOUCH IN KIT FROM COLOUR CODE", what is my colour code? All the codes (pic from the driver side pillar) dont look like what I am looking for.

Sorry for the mumbling of a complete noob. And thanks for any useful tips and comments.
Hi renault touch up paint has an applicator on the end of the bottle looks a bit like spikey felt which will give you the right finish for your paint it costs about 7.00 and also has a bottle of clear paint finish to boot well done renault hope this helps Gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome