Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #143 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Originally Posted by kas65 View Post
Update so far : Got hubby to drive car, loads of hesitation and rattle, resulting in "definitely the turbo " and glum faces for both. On looking at engine *round of applause please* there is 1 bolt missing and 2 very loose on that pipe above the egr ...very similarly to Mark70's description and pic post #134. The pipe was nearly hanging off and lots of oily mess all round. Clean round area and bolts done up...quick drive round...problem (so far) sorted.
I presume that the 3rd bolt most likely fell out when I lurched down one of our lovely pot holes recently. So... new bolt to be purchased and I'm extolling the virtues of investigating the egr properly next
Congrats on the find! Just in time too by the sounds. I think that pipe is for taking oil back into the turbo to cool it down. Eventually you may have found your car out of oil . Have you checked your oil level recently?

The EGR sounds difficult to do, but I found the hardest part was knowing how much force to give it! I didn't want to force it too hard. Get something solid (like a blunt punch) and tap it in a clockwise direction first, then anti-clockwise. Don't be too scared that you'll hardly hit it, but don't be too forceful!

Carb spray is a god send too! Having to take mine out again just to make sure I got the internal ports cleaned properly. I spent too long trying to make sure the valve was clean, and almost used up all the spray!! Oh, and be prepared for a severe 'hangover' from the carb spray if you're using it....very potent!!
Currently in Marky70's garage:
Laguna II 1.9dci 52 plate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome