Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #971 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2010
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

The guy that wrote the reply is having a laugh ain't he. Does he think everyone is stupid with no technical know-how.
What makes me think so - well I quote from his letter

"A bonnet catch has many moving and functioning parts"

The secondary bonnet catch consists of a lever, a spring and a pin. Now maybe I can't count but I make that whole total of three parts and in my opinion no way can I stretch my imagination to make that many.
Now how on earth does he arrive at that conclusion or is some numpty feeding him mushroom food.

His next point and I quote:-

The Code defines a safety defect asa ‘feature of design or construction liable to cause a significant risk of personal injury or death.’ Well if a bonnet flying up and obscuring the drivers vision when travelling at speed isn't liable to cause personal injury or death I just can't understand his reasoning whatsover.

I suggest you keep writing as he seems to be suffering from foot and mouth disease - yes every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.

Obviously VOSA needs a clear out starting at the top - me thinks.

I have always had suspicions that it wasn't so much Renault who let people down in this instance but VOSA - now I'm convinced - well and truly.

In all honesty I personally think this man should hang his head in shame.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome