Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #974 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
The guy that wrote the reply is having a laugh ain't he. Does he think everyone is stupid with no technical know-how.
What makes me think so - well I quote from his letter

"A bonnet catch has many moving and functioning parts"

The secondary bonnet catch consists of a lever, a spring and a pin. Now maybe I can't count but I make that whole total of three parts and in my opinion no way can I stretch my imagination to make that many.
Now how on earth does he arrive at that conclusion or is some numpty feeding him mushroom food.

His next point and I quote:-

The Code defines a safety defect asa ‘feature of design or construction liable to cause a significant risk of personal injury or death.’ Well if a bonnet flying up and obscuring the drivers vision when travelling at speed isn't liable to cause personal injury or death I just can't understand his reasoning whatsover.

I suggest you keep writing as he seems to be suffering from foot and mouth disease - yes every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.

Obviously VOSA needs a clear out starting at the top - me thinks.

I have always had suspicions that it wasn't so much Renault who let people down in this instance but VOSA - now I'm convinced - well and truly.

In all honesty I personally think this man should hang his head in shame.
This really is a comedy of errors - the responses from both Renault and VOSA are sooo laughable. It I weren't one of those unfortunate statistics that experienced this, I would be accused of being sooo insensitive to the cause! It's IS a JOKE! (and that's referring to the responses received).

But don't worry, I ain't stopping.

We need justice, we need more action (not less)...there are few elements that I need to raise to him...or should I say his boss' boss (that's the Minister of Transport Safety to you and I!).

Nice to see he didn't fancied responding more directly to my questions though - hey-ho, can't have it all! Should expect a deviated response to my list of questions! Haha!!

Are there any other "technical" experts out there that would like an opportunity to rip their letter to shreads...cos it is written without any technical evidence's a political business response to a very serious matter...

Where did I put that rocket that I want to light...oh that's right it's under the Renault-Nissan Group HQ

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome