Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #395 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2010
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

Nice choice of member name by the way - you can see the inspiration behind mine obviously. There are no direct telephone numbers for staff at Renault UK but I do have his direct email address if you want to PM me.

It doesn't matter if the vehicle is an "import" it should still be done under their quality campaign. Doesn't really matter if it is a LHD version for that matter either. The latent defect in the switch / design always causes the same pattern of burning so it is obvious as to the cause.

Let me know if you want any help - I don't know how I missed your post but apologies for that. The least the Renault can do for you right now is to provide a courtesy or hire car whilst they "Investigate"?? Your insurers should be advised of the "Quality Campaign" that Renault did and the fact that they can claim the full cost of the claim from the manufacturer. You might like to cut the insurance company out of the claim altogether and get the money back from Renault direct - that way your no claims and insurance history will not be affected (This has cost me a bit over the past few years).

As for mrspiggy's question - so far the Scenic II has not caused any issues (to my knowledge) with the mirror switch and it is a totally different design. The fact that both mirrors are sticking would suggest that the fault is in the switch though - worth getting that changed first.

Regards - Dave

When they said "Heated Mirrors" ................
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome