Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Do you trust your dealer?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Re: Do you trust your dealer?

Originally Posted by alnapone View Post
Well, just before i handed the key to them , i reset the next srevice counter to 18000, when i collected the car I saw that it displays next service 17522, which means they have down 478 miles since monday.
It would depend on the nature of the brake fault, I suppose. If it was something very intermittent, then their best bet might be to use the car as a run-around for a few days and see if the fault crops up.

I'd certainly be looking for answers, but perhaps be prepared to accept that they were actually doing their best to find and diagnose the fault. I doubt very much that they've sent anyone on a 500 mile test drive (that would be a full day's work in itself, and you'd see it on the bill) but it's still possible that they've been using the car at every opportunity in order to highlight the fault.

On the other hand (and particularly if you left it with them over a weekend) perhaps they've let someone borrow it and they've gone on a long trip. That's definitely not on - you've paid for 18K worth of servicing, not 17.5K, and you could argue that the extra mileage has (marginally) decreased the resale value of the car.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome