Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

Hi mate, I took your advise and contacted wingmirrorman about a new part and they asked if it was a 2 pin motor or 6 pin motor so I was wondering if you may be able to help me find out. My Modus is and 05 model.
Any help in finding out would be very grateful.
Originally Posted by poetnigel View Post
Hi, I have just fixed this same problem on my wife's Modus - the broken part is the clip that holds the glass to the regulator and cannot be bought separately. Personally speaking the Renault part is very poorly designed and manufactured. I bought a replacement regulator from which is far better made. It cost 60 and is not not too hard to fit - I did it in about 2 hours from start to finish and I am no qualified mechanic - just a reasonably competent DIYer. Two hints you cannot get the inner membrane off as it will just tear, but you can split it carefully with a knife and peel it back enough to remove the old regulator and fit the new one, then just gaffer tape it back together when you have finished, and when working inside the door beware there are sharp edges in there you could shave with

Hope this helps someone.
Currently in mtwood's garage:
Modus 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome