Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 3 - How To Replace Pollen Filters

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2010 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Renault Espace 3 - How To Replace Pollen Filters

Hi All,

After replacing both my pollen filters on my Espace today i thought i would do a guide to help others,

On the Espace Mk III there are 2 pollen filters located under the bonnet of the car behind 2 black steel covers found on the bulk head in each corner just below the dash speakers on the dash,

Drivers Side Filter Location

Passenger Side Filter Location

To remove these steel plates you will need to use these below to remove the 4 torque style screw holding them in place and the size you need is T27,

Once you have the 4 screw removed from each plate you just need to pull the plates and the rubber seals away to reveal the filter location,

Plate and seal Removed

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

Once you have this done its just a case of pulling the old filters out,

New & Old filter after onlt one year....Yuk!

Once you have the old filter pulled out its time to push the new ones in making sure the vertical lines of the filter are running from front to rear and the filter is placed up in pointing in the right direction of air flow which is indicated on the side of the filter,

Air Flow Indicator

Passenger side

Once you have this done on both sides its time to replace the seal and the plates back on and tighten them up,

Job Done!

Hope this helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Donald For This Useful Post:
classified (9th February 2015), David Balkwill (21st October 2010), doorslammer1968 (31st May 2011), Harlequin_uk (10th February 2011), peter latham (4th July 2010), wkl (29th June 2011), wust588 (2nd December 2010)
  5 Lastest Threads by Donald
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Have You Stopped Smoking General Chat johnboyw 55 4390 21st September 2013 09:21 AM
AVS Music Converter to MP3 Free Download Help Computer Club Donald 2 1987 10th March 2012 03:02 PM
Posting Problem Feedback & Announcements hondo 21 4424 31st December 2011 04:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome