Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase I & II - Bodywork - Petrol Flap Lock fix

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th September 2005 Thread Starter
Dark Jupiter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Renault Laguna I - Phase I & II - Bodywork - Petrol Flap Lock fix

Whilst repairing the hatchback locking mech on my 99' Laguna I noticed that each time the central locking was activated from the remote there was a motor noise coming from the area around the petrol inlet. The cap itself does not have a key or lock in any way. It is mearly a twist shut device.

Can anybody tell me if the external door is part of the central locking system. I have some general wiring diagrams of the car (thanks internet ) and these seem to indicate that a motorised locking device is present and that it is linked to the central locking system.

The external door is always open but it appears that some type of pin should be present on the car body housing to catch and lock the external door! Looking at the construction I surmise that this pin would move out when activated and lock the door and in when de activated to release it.

Can anybody with the same model car confirm if this is the case.

5 Lastest Threads by Dark Jupiter
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I Phase II Heated seats Interiors bonedavid 1 1566 21st October 2006 01:07 PM
Wiring Additional Headlights Electronics Horatio 1 1632 21st October 2005 07:35 PM
Central locking affected by cold weather? Electronics Shaun wall 28 7937 17th October 2005 08:18 PM
Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Interiors - How to... Laguna geochr 6 9707 14th October 2005 09:30 PM
Can your floor mats look like new? Interiors Garvey69 3 1954 13th October 2005 10:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome